Whether you're a car owner who likes to keep your parking and repair space clean or somebody who wants to protect your garage floor, using garage flooring mats, rubber-style, is a great idea, and you’ll soon find out there are amazing options for you to choose from.
In this blog post, we'll take a look at six different options for flooring mats that are designed to protect your floor while you work in your car or park it in your garage. We'll also discuss the benefits of each option and help you decide which one is right for you. So read on for all the information you need to make an informed decision about the best flooring mat for your garage!
1. Kalasoneer Garage Oil Spill Mats
One of the biggest causes of tainted garage floors is oil spills when repairing your car or adding oil to ensure its performance. You can still achieve your goals without tarnishing your flooring by using the Kalosoneer Oil Spill Mat.
The mat has a top layer that absorbs oil and other liquids and a waterproof layer after that. The mat will remain in place despite driving your car back and forth because of the bottom non-skid layer. These layers are durable for you to have a mat that lasts long. You can hand or machine wash the mat to make it clean again. This design is way better than a standard rubber garage flooring car mat.
- Available in five sizes to accommodate different garage sizes
- You can cut the mat to fit your parking space or garage perfectly
- The mat is reusable
- Despite the non-skid feature, strong winds can still blow it off
2. Drymate Garage Floor Mat
When working with your car, you need to lay on the ground to check out the car parts underneath. Good thing the Drymate Garage Floor Mat is made of soft polyester fiber. The mat stays in place as you check or repair your car because of its non-skid feature.
If you ever spill any workplace chemicals, especially car oil, the mat will absorb it. The mat also has a waterproof backing, ensuring liquids will still be absorbed no matter how much spillage there is. Don’t worry about staining the mat as it has a washable feature. Just wash the spills off with water and soap and dry the mats for the next use.
- Available in three different sizes
- It can also be repurposed as a vehicle trunk and cargo mat
- Made of 50% recycled fibers, so it’s environmentally-friendly
- Reviews showed that the rubber bottom melts when exposed to too much heat
3. Club Clean Garage Mats
It’s great to have multipurpose mats like the large garage flooring mats from Club Clean. The mat has a size of 5ft x 8ft, which you can cut if it’s too big for your garage. You can repurpose the trimmings to be used underneath appliances, trash cans, tools, and storage that need protection from spills.
The mat has a top layer that absorbs any liquid and another layer that traps oil, water, acid, and other fluids from your car, golf cart, motorcycle, and other machines. Despite the layers, it remains lightweight. If you want to clean and reuse it, you can douse off the dirt using water and soap, or you can also vacuum it.
- Multipurpose mat
- It can be conveniently cut to fit the size of your garage
- Easy to clean and reusable
- Only comes in a single size
- Does not have an anti-skid bottom, so it doesn’t stay in place
4. Coco Mats N’ More Garage Containment Mats
Aside from oil and car liquids, another source of garage dirt is the environment your car drives on. Do you still drive even when it is snowy? Are you a fan of driving through muddy roads? Collect the dirt and snow using the Coco Mats N’ More Containment Mats by laying them on your garage floor and letting your car stay on it until the snow and dirt drip.
Unlike other mats, these are non-absorbent, so to clean them, you need a squeegee to wipe off the dirt. Despite being non-absorbent, it has a 1.2-inch ethafoam guard that keeps all the spills inside.
- Can handle a larger amount of liquid
- Dirt can be easily removed using a squeegee
- Available in different sizes that can accommodate different car sizes
- You will need to blow dry the floor and warm it up before attaching the mats
- Non-absorbent, so it won’t work with oil spills
5. Zone Tech Garage Pad
Another reliable garage floor mat to catch dirt and debris from your car is the Zonetech Garage Pad. If your work route entails going through rough and muddy roads or driving through snow, this is the pad you can use to keep your car park pristine.
The mat is 7.9ft x 16ft in size, so it can fit most garages and cater to different car sizes. The edges of the mat have strips you can use to ensure it won’t move when you drive your car in and out of the garage. Do not worry about water or dirt spilling out, as the edges of the pad have a foam to keep everything in—customer reviews and buying guides have proven so.
- Easy to clean with the use of a squeegee
- You can easily lay them on the garage floor
- Comes with a squeegee, magic tapes, and a user manual
- Only comes in a single size
- You cannot cut this mat
6. Armor All Garage Floor Mat
Are you a self-proclaimed car junky? When someone looks for you, is the garage the first place they should look? If your garage already feels like your home, why not make it homey using the Armor All Garage Floor Mat?
This garage mat looks and feels like a carpet and can be cleaned through washing or with a vacuum cleaner. Nevertheless, unlike regular carpets. The Armor All mats are completely water-resistant and absorbent, especially with oil and other liquid chemicals. The mat comes with double-sided tape to keep it in place. This mat is perfect for cars, motorcycles, and other vehicles that use oil.
- Comes in four different sizes, so you can choose which size fits your garage best
- It is lightweight and transportable
- Has an elegant, carpet-like design
- The double-sided tape can be a mess to clean up if you plan to move the mat from one place to another
Maintaining your parking and repair space can help prevent costly repairs caused by oil spills. These six best garage flooring mats will ensure that the ground underneath your car is safe, dry, and free of any slippery substances for years to come. Whether you’re looking for a mat with an anti-slip surface or mats that will catch dirt and snow from your car, we have what you need!
We hope you learned more about these products through this review before making a purchase. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help make sure your garage remains spick and span. Read more here.