Summer is coming—it's time to open your pools for fun water activities. We know you're excited to run around and jump into the water, but your poolside area may need some renovation after the season changes. This article will help you find the best flooring for your outdoor area.
Aside from being beautiful and making your space elegant, your choice of flooring should be safe so that you won't worry about the risk of falls and slips. It should also last a long time and be easy to maintain. Let's look at some of the high-rated waterproof floorings for your outdoor poolside area.
Best Waterproof Flooring for Outdoors: Our Top 4 Picks
We swept the marketplace to search for the best flooring to accommodate your poolside activities. First, let's look at the waterproof flooring options to see which fits your needs and budget best.
PANDAHOME Interlocking Deck Waterproof Tiles
- The PANDAHOME tiles are made from high-quality composite materials. It has a natural hardwood floor look that will look good indoors and outdoors. These tiles will elevate the experience in your outdoor areas. Furthermore, these tiles are available in four vibrant colors: gray, westminster gray, mocha, and brown.
- The floor's premium material is easier to maintain compared to real wood. In addition, it features floor technology that prevents them from rotting, splitting, and fading. As a result, it requires less maintenance, saving you money in the long run.
- The tiles do not need professional workers for installation, making this the best flooring for DIYers. The snap feature allows you to connect the tiles conveniently. Furthermore, you can easily trim the tiles to cover all your area and corners.
- PANDAHOME tiles cost almost $150 per pack that contains 22 pieces of square tiles. So, if you need to cover a 100-square-foot area, you'll be spending about $700. This price point may be too big for people looking for budget-friendly flooring options.
PANDAHOME Artificial Grass Tiles
- These water-resistant flooring tiles are great for your patio looking like a well-maintained garden without the commitment to maintaining real grass. You can combine PANDAHOME’s artificial grass tiles with their wooden tiles and create gorgeous patterns for your patio and poolside.
- With these tiles, you can enjoy the look of natural green grass all year long. The tiles feel like natural grass underfoot, and the material is permeable, giving it great drainage. No worries about water. It will simply go under the flooring to the subfloor and evaporate to dry.
- The textured tiles make the flooring no-slip which makes an excellent choice for poolside areas. You can run around the poolside without the fear of slips and falls. You'll enjoy your poolside activities with this flooring option.
- These tiles are more affordable compared to other interlocking tiles. These tiles cost $67.99 per pack that contains 12 pieces. So, for example, if you're planning to cover a 100 square feet area, it will only cost you a little over $600. This price point is significantly lower than other tiles that fit your budget.
- The tiles dry fast, especially when it's exposed to direct sunlight. However, when exposed to the sun for a long time, it becomes too hot to step on barefoot. Remember to wear flip-flops during the daytime to prevent burns.
- It's important to lay these tiles on even subfloor and hard concrete flooring. Putting it on a loose subfloor will make it difficult for the tiles to keep in place and make walking on it wobbly.
PURE ERA Natural Real Stone Interlocking Tiles
- The PURE ERA interlocking tiles will make you feel you're actually in the riverside or the Oceanside with the genuine rocks used in the flooring. PURE ERA collects rocks and polishes them on the tile to create an even surface. This makes the tiles easier and more comfortable to work on.
- Since the tile's surface is made from rocks, it's highly durable and will last even with the change of season. In addition, this waterproof flooring has an open-grid base that allows excellent airflow that dries the surface quickly.
- The tiles are available in different rock color combinations. There are mixed colors of gray, brown, and white. You also get the tiles in mono colors, depending on your preference. This natural stone flooring is also excellent for areas around your shower area, kitchen area, and fire pit place.
- This flooring is resistant to extreme temperatures, so you can guarantee these tiles can withstand season changes. Furthermore, these tiles require little to no maintenance, which is very cost-effective.
- Some users report receiving a tile with broken pebbles. Some even have the pebbles falling out of place. You can easily repair this with hot glue or clear epoxy, but you'll have to spend extra on these repairs.
HomeyMosaic Peel and Stick Backsplash Tiles
- If you want to step away from traditional square tiles, these HomeyMosaic hexagonal tiles are perfect for a unique look. In addition, this waterproof vinyl flooring option is available in different color combinations, with hues available from gray, brown, white, and black.
- This luxury vinyl tile is DIY-friendly when it comes to installation. You don't need special installation tools to lay these tiles. Instead, you only need to peel, and the tiles have an adhesive that sticks on any surface.
- The vinyl tile is also resistant to stain and easy to clean. Running a cloth or a damp mop will do its job. Furthermore, these hexagonal tiles are textures that make the surface non-slip and mimic the feeling of genuine materials underfoot.
- These hexagonal tiles are probably one of the cheapest materials available in the marketplace. To put things in perspective, each hexagonal block can cover almost 4.5 square feet, and each pack contains five blocks. So if you're planning to cover a 100-square feet area, you'll spend only a little more than $130. It's a huge difference compared to other brands.
- During installation, you need to make sure the subfloor is completely dry. When the adhesive of the tiles comes in contact with water during installation, the bonding agent weakens, which can put the tiles out of place.
- The waterproof vinyl is also thinner compared to other materials. Ensure to clear your subfloor of any debris or dirt that may cause a bump in your flooring, making the surface uneven.
Are you ready to open your pools for the summer? We hope this selection of the best waterproof flooring helps you get your poolside ready for the season. Furthermore, these choices are also excellent for areas of your house that are always in contact with water. Don't limit yourself to your outdoor spaces.
Explore other areas like your kitchen and bathrooms. And for more flooring reviews and buying guides, you can subscribe to our blogs for flooring inspiration and information.