Are you thinking of putting a workout room in your home? Or do you want to dedicate a play area for your kids?
If you are looking for a functional, stylish, and affordable flooring option for your activity spaces, foam floor tiles maybe your best option. These tiles are cushioned, low-maintenance, and easy to install—a great alternative for wood and tile floors.
In this blog post, we'll look at different highly rated foam tiles for your home to help you make an informed choice before you purchase.
3 Flooring Foam Tiles for Different Parts of Your Home
Cut back on time searching for foam flooring tiles for your kids’ playroom and your home gym. We've picked out the best of the best that the marketplace offers. Let's look at each product’s features and lowlights to see if one of them suits your flooring needs.
Best for Gym: Sportneer 12-Tile Interlocking Foam Mats
If you're a fitness enthusiast, these flooring tiles are the perfect match for you. The Sportneer interlocking foam mats will suit your daily exercise needs. They are safe for gymnastics, MMA, boxing, or any home workout you can think of, so you'll never have a reason to skip the gym again.
- The floor foam tiles provide excellent protection for your base floor. If you have natural stone or wood floors susceptible to scratches from your workout equipment, these tiles will provide enough barrier to keep your natural floor untouched and new-looking.
- They are very easy to install. The sides are interlocking, so you can put them together in any orientation you want. And when you're done with your workout, you can easily pull them apart and stack them neatly for easy storage.
- The Sportneer foams are lightweight. Thus, you can easily move them around the house where you need your foam flooring. They’re also durable and can withstand the wear and tear from your daily activities.
- The foams’ material is nontoxic. Thus, it is also a safe choice for your child's playroom. Additionally, the lug design on the mat provides an anti-skid feature, so your kids can confidently and safely run and jump on the foam tiles.
- Each pack only comes with 12 interlocking tiles. If you have a spacious room, it will require you to purchase more.
- These tiles only come in black. This color may not be visually stimulating for a playroom unless you have older kids.
- Some users report that the tiles are not cut evenly. It makes them hard to put together, and they get easily detached while in use.
Best for Playroom: WEISBRANDT Kid’s Puzzle Play Exercise Mat
If you’re looking for foam flooring tiles for your baby's room, the WEISBRANDT Puzzle Play Mat is perfect. The mat has vibrant colors and is made from premium-quality materials. As a result, you can be sure your kids will love the look of their room. They’ll be free to run around and play all day there, safe and well-protected.
- Each mat comes with 36 pieces. Thus, you can surely cover a large area. In addition, each pack comes with nine visually stunning colors your toddler will enjoy. You also have another design option for these floor tiles: the alphabet design. Talk about playing and learning at the same time!
- The foam flooring mat is child-friendly. The soft mat absorbs shock, so it is safe even for kids just learning how to walk. They can crawl, roll over, tumble, and lay flat on their tummies without getting hurt. The pads are also made from nontoxic chemicals.
- The mat is also good for light exercises and yoga. The pads are extra thick for excellent cushioning and feature a double-sided nonslip grip, so they stay in place even with so much activity happening on the mat.
- These tiles are easy to clean. Just wipe them with a damp cloth and mild soap, and they're ready to use. They are also water-resistant, so the foam tile won’t absorb the liquid, ensuring superior quality.
- The colors of the foam tiles fade over time. You will have this problem especially if you use them daily. So if you want to keep the vibrant colors in the room, you will have to replace the mats from time to time.
- Some customers report that their babies can tear the edges of the mat. Some even try to eat them. So, remember to keep your eyes on your kids to avoid incidents like these.
Best for Living Room: FloorPops FP3597 Bazaar Interlocking Tiles
If you want an aesthetic floor tile, the FloorPops Bazaar Interlocking Tiles are a fine choice. These tiles are like your regular foam floor tile, but they form a beautiful design when you put them together. You can put this in your living room and won't notice it isn't a carpet unless you feel it.
- These floor foam tiles have no teeth on the sides. So essentially, they make a big puzzle piece. You can use this center flooring in any room. Because of its design, it can make the colors in your living space pop out. Additionally, you can choose from many designs to match the interior of your house.
- You can trim the sides of the mat once you’ve put it together. Thus, it will perfectly fit any living space you want to put it in. Each package contains 22 tiles and can cover up to eight square feet.
- These foam floor tiles have a limited area. You cannot add extra tiles to extend the coverage, unlike other mats. If you want them to cover a larger space, try looking for a bigger product size.
- We do not recommend it as foam flooring tiles for kids. The foam floor may be aesthetic, but its underside does not have a strong grip. As a result, your kids may slip when running on these foam tiles. But if you like this tile, you’ll need to add rubber flooring underneath. Of course, the reinforcement will be an extra cost.
- We also do not recommend putting heavy exercise equipment on this foam tile. Although you can use the mat for exercise, note that heavy equipment will put a permanent indentation on it.
Different parts of your home require different flooring materials. Be it the living room, gym, or your baby's room, there's safe and appropriate flooring for it. After all, a room is not only about interior design but also the functionality.
We hope this list of foam flooring tiles has helped you choose a suitable flooring for your rooms. If you are looking for more flooring inspirations and materials, check out our buying guides and reviews to help you with your home decoration.