Are your floors already showing signs of wear and tear? Are there scuff marks and scratches visible on your floor, and polishing won't solve them? Maybe it's time for a flooring renovation. Changing your floors won't be easy and will be a big investment on your part. If you're on a tight budget and want to freshen up the look of your living spaces, floor decals are a great alternative.
Floor decals are stickers made from vinyl material you can use to decorate your floors. It comes in numerous printed designs, so you can transform your floor to any style you want. Let's look at the most sought-after decals in the market so you can decide which one matches your home.
Decals for Flooring: Our Top 4 Picks
When you search the market for decals, you'll be overwhelmed with the choices laid out to you. But we are here to help you find the best deals and value for your money. Check out the floor decals below to help you make a more informed choice.
1. LUCIDA SURFACES Vinyl Flooring Peel And Stick Wood Look Planks - $90.72
If you dream of having a hardwood floor in your living spaces, then this is your chance to transform your interior and give it a classy and timeless look without breaking your budget. Lucida Surfaces has multiple designs of wood look decals that will surprise anyone at one glance. Let's take a look at its features.
- Each Lucida Surfaces peel and stick flooring purchase comes with 36 planks and can cover up to 56 square feet of area. The cost of these materials is approximately $1.60 per square foot. This is already significant savings than tearing the whole floor that will cost you extra on professional workers.
- Lucida Surface's wood looks planks have 13 variations—from brown hues, grey hues to whitewashed colors; they have it. These planks are also textured, so it feels like genuine natural wood flooring.
- The Lucida Surface features a Corebond glue technology that binds the plank to the base floor without tearing. The adhesive is strong for commercial-grade flooring, and the planks are coated with 12 millimeters of wear and tear layer to withstand high traffic areas.
- The Lucida Surfaces offers you a 100% waterproof floor decal, so there's no need to worry if you want to place these planks on areas that get wet.
- You can install these tiles as your DIY project. But you must follow instructions from the book and prepare your base floors properly. Some users report that tiles lift on the seam if not properly installed.
2. Achim Home Furnishings Marble Black Vinyl Tile - $19.99
The black marble tiles of Achim home furnishing will make your natural stone flooring dreams come true and can transform your living spaces to look expensive and sophisticated. Let's look at the unique features of this tile and know why this may be the most suitable for your flooring needs.
- This floor vinyl decal comes in 12 x 12 tiles with a high gloss finish. Some designs mimic natural stone, different patterns of marble, and designs for wood and patterns.
- The Archim floor decals are a peel and stick product that makes it easy to install. You can also buy their bundled kit for installing the tiles, including a cutter, extra blades, and a squeegee for a smooth and perfect application.
- Many users report that the decals have no problem sticking to the base floor, and for every pack of tiles you purchase, Archim provides extra adhesive if you need them to bond your decals stronger.
- Each tile of the Archim vinyl decal has the same print. If you're planning to use the marble design, make sure to install them in different orientations so avoid discernable patterns that will make it obvious that your floor is not a stone-laid marble.
- Some users report that some tiles in the packaging have tears. Additionally, the tiles are only 1.2 millimeters thick, which is not recommended for high-traffic areas. Users who place these decals on living room floors report that it only lasted for almost two years before it started tearing apart.
3. Art 3D Hexagonal Floor Stickers - $14.66
If you want something different from the traditional planks or tiles, these Art 3D hexagonal floor stickers are the way to go. They can make your floor aesthetically pleasing, and you can even use them in your kitchen backsplash to enhance your kitchen's decoration.
- The Art 3D hexagonal stickers are made from PVC material which can be applied on walls and floors. It has a thickness of 0.2 mm, making it perfect for DIY decorations and for enhancing old walls and flooring. In addition, the base layer is self-adhesive and doesn't need glue for installation.
- These vinyl flooring decals have a non-slip feature, making them safe to use in bathrooms and kitchens. It's also easy to clean, so any dirt and stain will roll off with a damp cloth. Additionally, it is scratch-resistant, so you can easily maintain the look for your flooring.
- Each pack only contains ten hexagonal stickers; if you're planning to cover a wide area, you'll have to spend more. Additionally, these hexagonal shapes are significantly smaller than the tiles and planks, so you'll be installing these stickers for a longer period.
- Since the sticker is very thin, we only recommend using it for decorative purposes. We suggest a thicker decal if you want to protect your floors in high traffic areas. You can stack these stickers to achieve a certain thickness, but it will cause you to use double than what you need.
4. Mi Alma Decorative Tile Stickers – $29.89
Suppose you want a fun and artistic side of your interior decorations. In that case, the Mi Alma Decorative Tile stickers have 18 different designs that you can use to enhance the look for your floors, walls, kitchen backsplash, and stairwells.
- Most of the tile designs are Bohemian style, making it perfect for budget-friendly remodeling. Aside from floors and walls, you can also use these stickers to enhance the look of your furniture.
- Each tile has high-quality printing and keeps its vibrant colors and patterns for a long time. In addition, these tiles are high-durable and waterproof, which makes them a compatible choice for bathroom and kitchen remodeling.
- These tiles are user-friendly. In addition to its easy installation process, it's also easy to remove these tiles without leaving adhesive residue. Each pack of the Mi Alma tile stickers contains 24 pieces of 4x4 tiles that can cover a wide area.
- Make sure to install these stickers on a completely dry surface. The adhesive on the back of the decals is easily washed off by water and can weaken its binding capability.
- Some users report that some tiles are pixelated and the designs are blurred. In addition, some colors may be super pigmented and can be off-putting to some people.
Flooring renovation can be a big investment. Tearing down your flooring will require professional work and cost you extra money. However, if you want to hide the scratches and dents on your floor and breathe new life into them, flooring decals are a great way to enhance their look for a low-budget cost.
We hope this review of floor stickers helps you find the most suitable material for your home remodeling. In addition, you can explore our blogs for more flooring inspiration and buying guides on everything about floors.