You’re finally about to clean your garage floor, and you find it stained, cracked, and dirty. It’s horrifying. You think to yourself, “There must be a better way.”
You’re right. There is—garage floor tiles. They can transform your garage into a clean and polished space.
If you want to give your garage floor a makeover, interlocking floor tiles are a quick flooring solution. These tiles are easy to install and come in various colors and styles to create the perfect look for your garage.
We will review five top-quality interlocking garage floor tiles and their pros and cons. Plus, we will share important tips before buying floor tiles.
Features of the Best Garage Floor Tiles
Homeowners take pride in their home's appearance inside and out. The garage is no exception. Many people use their garage as an extra storage space or workshop and want it to look just as tidy and presentable as the rest of their home.
One way to beautify your home is by installing some garage floor tiles. Garage floor tiles are usually interlocking, making them easy to install and offering a secure fit.
When choosing garage floor tiles, it is important to consider what features will be most beneficial for your needs.
- Size: You can get sizes from 12″ × 12″ to 24″ × 24″ floor tiles. But even with the standard measurements, you can customize garage floor tiles, especially if you have curved walls.
- Type: They can be rigid plastic, flexible plastic, flexible rubber, and wood composite tiles. Each has its advantages. For instance, if you want aesthetically pleasing and durable tiles, you can choose wood composite.
- Slip Resistance: Most interlocking garage floor tiles are textured to provide traction. This feature creates a safe garage space for you to wash your car or work out. Patterns like a diamond plate and coin top ensure you won't slip.
- Surface Finish: Some tiles have a protective coating that helps resist staining and fading. This feature is ideal for messy garage activities, such as oil changing. Other floor tiles are even resistant to UV rays, a common cause of flooring discoloration.
Transform Your Garage with These 5 Garage Floor Tiles
IncStores Nitro Interlocking Garage Floor Tiles
The IncStore Nitro Interlocking Garage Floor Tiles are just what you need to give your garage floor a makeover. Made of tough polypropylene material, these tiles can withstand heavy traffic and resist stains and spills. They're also UV-resistant, so their color won't fade in the sun.
The tiles measure 12″ x 12″ and come in various colors that you can mix and match.
- Designed to withstand heavy impact from cars and garage equipment
- The coin-top pattern ensures better traction against rolling vehicles
- Comfortable to walk on bare feet
- Easy to clean
- Warps with too much exposure to direct sunlight
GarageTrac Interlocking Garage Flooring Tiles
The design of the Big Floors GarageTrac Interlocking Garage Flooring Tiles ensures it can withstand the rigors of the garage environment and provide a low-maintenance yet long-lasting flooring solution.
Made from 100% recycled plastic material called polypropylene, GarageTrac garage floor tiles are resistant to oil, gas, and other contaminants. The interlocking tiles also create a seamless floor surface, and you can cut them to fit any garage space.
These 12″ x 12″ interlocking tiles have PowerLock technology that creates a tough substructure to prevent them from breaking off easily. Plus, its patented substructure lets air in and moisture out to prevent mold and mildew formation.
- Easy to map out and install
- Offers 50 pieces of quality floor tiles for an affordable price
- Heavy-duty tiles can handle multiple large toolboxes
- Perfect for garage displays and showrooms
- Unpleasant to walk on without shoes
RaceDeck Interlocking Garage Tiles
RaceDeck Interlocking Garage Tiles are perfect for adding style and function to your garage. They resemble the alloy floor tiles that you would see in professional garages and big-time races. Also, the diamond pattern makes it nonslip for added protection and traction.
Unlike the GarageTrac floor tiles, RaceDeck can support heavy rolling vehicles of up to 80,000 pounds. Nevertheless, the tire tracks and gas and oil stains from these heavy vehicles are easy to clean and wipe away.
- Easy to put down and cut to fit your garage dimensions
- Looks like real alloy and metal flooring
- Heavy cars that roll in and out leave no indentations on these tiles.
- A bit pricey for a 48-tile pack
Gladiator Garage Floor Tiles
The amazing products we’ve mentioned above have no fire-resistant qualities, which makes the Gladiator garage floor tiles stand out. It has UL certification for fire resistance; it can also withstand extreme temperatures from 0 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
Moreover, most 48- and 50-tile packs don't come with trim and corner pieces, but the Gladiator has a complete set for a fully-finished garage floor. And what's more interesting about these floor tiles is that they have a 10-year limited warranty for any manufacturing defects.
- Comes with flow-through drain tiles for proper drainage
- Made of high-grade PVC, a known fire-resistant material
- Built to last against harsh elements, high-impact forces, and chemicals
- With 10-year limited warranty
- Quite pricey for a 24-tile pack
Foghorn Construction Interlocking Free-Flow Rubber Garage Floor Tiles
If you have a vehicle, you probably do a lot of washing. It’s nice that your car is squeaky clean and dry, but your flooring may be full of soap suds and water afterward. And a slippery garage floor can cause you to slip and break your hip.
Foghorn Construction Interlocking Rubber Garage Floor Tiles are the perfect choice for damp garages that need excellent traction. They also have excellent airflow to prevent moisture and condensation buildup.
- Breathable floor tiles to prevent water, mold, and mildew buildup underneath
- This rubber garage flooring has no strong smell.
- Flexible enough to fit together without breaking
- Available in different colors and fits most flooring materials, including wood
- Not great for bare feet
Tips Before Buying Amazon Garage Floor Tiles
Garage floor tiles are worth buying; the installation is far easier and cheaper than other flooring options, such as garage floor sealers. But before you check out your Amazon order, read through these important tips.
Measure Your Garage First
Pre-made flooring tiles come in certain dimensions. Thus, you must take the time to clear everything on your garage floor to accurately map out your tile flooring. You should also note all the pillars and odd edges in your garage.
RaceDeck and GarageTrac have online design tools where you can type in your garage dimensions to request a quote.
Order Extra Floor Tiles and Edge Pieces
You'll be happy to have bought a few extra ones if you break a locking tab or make a wrong cut on your tile. Plus, shipping might damage your tiles during transit.
You also need corner pieces for your locking garage floor tiles to have clean, smooth flooring and avoid tripping on their edges. In this case, the Gladiator garage floor tiles are the complete package.
Install Your Tiles Like a Jigsaw Puzzle
Installation is usually straightforward. But if your garage floor is uneven, has a weird shape, or features pillars, you might be facing some serious puzzle game.
Installing your tiles will be a lot easier if you have a rubber mallet to get these tiles down. And since you'll crawl around a lot, you might want to put on knee pads.
If your garage floor is dull and you want to freshen it up, installing interlocking floor tiles is the easiest flooring solution to revamp your space. Who doesn't want their garage to look like a Formula One paddock? In addition, they're remarkably durable; they can withstand the abuse from ridiculously heavy machinery and exposure to heat.
We’ve highlighted five of our favorite interlocking garage floor tiles that will quickly transform your space. If you’re looking for other flooring options, be sure to check out our product reviews here on Floor Hero.