As a proud car owner, you know that maintaining your vehicle is essential to keeping it looking
and running its best. And what better way to care for your car than by giving it its own designated space in your home? Regarding garage design, there are plenty of options to choose from – and if you want the perfect garage for parking and working on your car, rubber floor tiles are the way to go, but keep in mind that they're expensive! In fact, the best rubber floor tiles for your garage can cost you thousands.
That's why we've picked out alternatives to rubber floor tiles which still get the job done well, if not better. Not only do these tiles provide a safe and sturdy surface for your vehicle, but they also look great, are affordable, and are easy to clean. So if you're ready to create the ultimate garage upgrade, read on for our review on these garage tiles.
Why We Chose Modular Tiles Over Roll Mats
We chose to review modular tiles over rubber mats for many reasons. For one thing, modular tiles are much easier to install. You can easily arrange them in the desired pattern, and they will stay put. On the other hand, floor mats often need to be glued or nailed down, which can be time-consuming and difficult.
In addition, modular tiles provide better protection against impact and wear. They are also less prone to tearing or leaking if they are punctured. So if one floor tile becomes damaged, you can simply replace it without replacing the entire floor.
Finally, modular tiles tend to be more aesthetically pleasing than rubber mats. They come in different colors and designs; you can even create custom patterns by mixing and matching different tiles. It's also worth noting that the floor tiles we chose all have the same dimensions of 12" x 12" and have a thickness of ½ inch. As you can see, there are plenty of good reasons to choose modular rubber tiles over rubber mats.
GarageTrac Diamond Modular Floor Tiles
|LATEST PRICE HERE|
The GarageTrac tileset is an excellent choice for garage owners and mechanics because it can withstand almost any abuse. It's made up of a durable copolymer that can handle heavy weights and resist oil, gas, and other fluids that may be present on a garage floor. Each tile has a raised diamond-top texture, and its base substructure offers traction and prevents slips and falls. It's channeled to allow air and moisture to flow out of the tile, preventing mildew and mold growth.
You only need your hands (or a mallet) to install these tiles. Simply snap each tile together, then add the final pieces along the edges for a clean appearance.
|• Lightweight tiles, great for tradeshows and mobile displays.|
• Different colors are available to fit your style.
• Works well for your home gym.
• Compatible with GarageDeck and RaceDeck tiles.
• Powerlock technology ensures tight connections.
• Quick and hassle-free to install.
• Slip-resistant, textured diamond surface.
|• Some customers say it can be noisy to walk and drive on.|
• It doesn't come with a ramp attachment or finished piece.
• Users with 'heavy' cars say that the tiles can't support their cars.
• The tiles expand in size when under direct exposure to sunlight.
• There is no instruction manual.
RaceDeck CircleTrac Modular Floor Tiles
|LATEST PRICE HERE|
RaceDeck CircleTrac modular flooring tiles are the perfect way to add professional-quality racing swag to your garage, man cave, or home gym. These tiles are made from high-density polypropylene, which is durable enough to withstand the heaviest rolling loads yet easy to install yourself. In addition, the interlocking tiles snap on quite easily and can be trimmed to fit around support columns or HVAC ductwork.
Plus, the modular design means you can expand or reconfigure your floor plan at any time. So whether you're looking to add a unique touch to your garage or enhance your garage floor's performance, RaceDeck CircleTrac modular flooring tiles are the perfect solution.
|• Shock-absorbing substructure allows for heavy loads.|
• A selection of different colors is available to match your style.
• Also works well for your home gym.
• Compatible with GarageDeck and GarageTrac tiles.
• Installation is a breeze with the snap-on locking mechanism.
• Grippy surface due to the raised coin patterns on the tiles.
• Easy to trim off for corner fitting.
|• It can get slippery with snow.|
• The edges will come off easily without proper support.
• The tiles expand in size under direct sunlight.
• You can't drive your car at an angle since it doesn't come with a ramp attachment.
• Take caution with using floor jacks as they can dent the tiles.
RaceDeck Free-Flow Modular Floor Tiles
|LATEST PRICE HERE|
These modular tiles are a great way to upgrade your garage floor if you want something more open. They are made of the same high-impact polypropylene, durable and low-maintenance. The interlocking design makes it easy to install the tiles, and they can be cut to fit around obstacles like pipes and posts.
The free-flow design allows water and debris to quickly flow through the tiles, making them ideal for garages prone to spills and leaks. The tiles are also available in various colors to create a custom style for your garage. Whether you're looking for a functional or stylish upgrade, RaceDeck Free-Flow modular tiles are an excellent choice.
|• Interlocking tiles, easy to assemble and tear down.|
• Supports up to 80,000 lbs of rolling load.
• Compatible with GarageTrac and GarageDeck tiles.
• The locks snap on easily but fit snugly to get maximum interlocking toughness.
• Great for areas with muddy, snowy, and wet conditions.
• The grill pattern helps with slip resistance.
|• Traps dirt and debris, which may become a problem in dusty environments.|
• Expands in high heat situations.
• Not great for covering the whole garage area, but better for mixing and matching with GarageTrac and GarageDeck tiles.
• No ramp attachment piece.
What is polypropylene, and is it better than interlocking rubber floor tiles for your garage?
When it comes to choosing the right flooring for your garage, you want a material that is durable and easy to clean. Two popular choices are polypropylene and rubber. Both materials are strong and resistant to spills and stains but have different advantages.
Polypropylene is a synthetic material that combines petroleum and natural gas. It's very light and has high impact resistance making it very sturdy. It's also easy to maintain, swept or wiped clean, and does not require special treatments.
On the other hand, interlocking rubber floor tiles are made of synthetic rubber material that is slightly softer and more comfortable to walk on. They're also more slip-resistant but can be more expensive than polypropylene flooring and harder to clean. But ultimately, the best flooring for your garage depends on your needs and budget.
Our Top Pick, Your Dream Garage—A Reality!
So, there you go! Those are our top three recommendations for the best alternatives to rubber garage flooring. The three tilesets on our list fit together to create your dream garage. But if you're not feeling creative with the design, you can never go wrong with the GarageTrac tiles for all your garage flooring needs. So, are you excited to get started?
Also, be sure to check our reviews on other garage flooring options and more information on all things floor improvement.