"I want a rich wood look on my flooring plan. However, I don't have enough time, money, and installation skills. Is there any other type of flooring that can greatly suffice?" You're searching through various articles about flooring with this question in mind.
Let's say you decide to search for the top brands and find TrafficMaster promising. Next, you explore their products at a Home Depot. You are currently looking for wood-inspired designs, particularly the High Point Chestnut GripStrip flooring. It looks good, but you want to ensure it's the perfect item for your flooring plan.
Look no further. This is exactly a review article on the High Point Chestnut TrafficMaster GripStrip Flooring! TrafficMaster offers high-quality GripStrip vinyl flooring that will get you into the rich wood mood without breaking the bank. This post also includes installation tips and other important features.
Into the Woods With the TrafficMaster High Point Chestnut GripStrip Flooring: An In-Depth Product Review
So what's in it for you with the High Point Chestnut Flooring from TrafficMaster? To ensure you pick the right flooring choice, you should know the product's main features, benefits, specifications, and product limitations.
Specs in Digits
Let's start with the digital specifications, as you will need them for your flooring measurements.
|Approx. Tile Size||6 × 36 in|
|Thickness (product)||15 in (3.8 mm)|
|Thickness (wear layer)||0.004 in (4 mil)|
|Product Weight||37 lb|
|Floor Plank Width||Medium Plank (5.1‒6.9 in)|
Type of Flooring: Luxury Vinyl Tile
It looks like some high-end wood flooring, but it's not real hardwood. This is one of the strongest points about vinyl floors. They resemble natural flooring in a way that doesn't compromise quality. Of course, it will never be as good as the original, but this is an excellent investment if you're on a limited budget.
The High Point Chestnut is made of pure luxury vinyl planks with a wood design. LVP flooring is multi-layered: usually, there’s a transparent coating on the top, another layer for high-quality designs, and another for a glass fiber layer. LVP is known for its authentic flooring styles, easy installation, and durable properties.
Durability and Area Compatibility
Beautiful flooring isn't good enough if it doesn't last. Durability is a factor you should never overlook in your home improvement plan. You'll be moving furniture around the house for cleaning and repairs, which means constant high traffic.
The TrafficMaster Vinyl Floor with High Point Chestnut Finish incorporates a ceramic bead surface coating for scratch and stain resistance. Additionally, it's water-resistant, so it'll be perfect for kitchens, bathrooms, basements, entryways, and other splash and high-traffic zones. TrafficMaster recommends it for indoor and temperature-controlled residential use.
Type of Installation: GripStrip Method
One of the selling points of this TrafficMaster flooring is the patented GripStrip method. GripStrip features vinyl tiles and planks that merge securely with each other instead of relying on the subfloor.
It contains pre-attached adhesive edges and is placed in a free-floating style on the subfloor. You can install it on wood, vinyl, concrete, tile, or other surfaces as long as it's smooth, flat, and clean. For busy people and flooring DIY enthusiasts, this is the perfect installation method.
Design Inspiration: Chestnut Wood
High Point Chestnut is one of the 14 finishes of TrafficMaster's vinyl plank collection. The other wood variations are as good, but the Chestnut has a fair tone that doesn't overwhelm and a luxurious growth ring pattern on the design. It's as if you're walking over a huge tree branch.
Wood floor designs give off a natural and rustic charm to your space. It has a refreshing tone that gives a breath of fresh air to a modern-day environment. Keep your wonderful rural memories close with this TrafficMaster finish.
Fortunately, this flooring is easy to maintain. You don't need special tools at all; you only need either a vacuum, dust mop, or a pH-neutral cleaner for upkeep. However, there are specific details to note, as mentioned by the manufacturer.
These include the following:
- Regularly clean the flooring to prevent particles and abrasions from building up.
- Rinse or replace cleaning tools if they turn soiled.
- Avoid spilling acidic products and harsh chemicals on the flooring. Otherwise, get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Do not use any other cleaners apart from what's mentioned.
- For deep scuffs, use melamine pads or replace the tiles completely.
- Be careful when dealing with heavy or sharp objects. Use non-rubber mats or floor protectors when using these objects for preventive measurements.
While vinyl floors can last up to 25 years, that doesn't mean you can be reckless with your flooring. If you want to make it last, you should get a good quality product and install and maintain them properly.
Now you're equipped with knowledge of the High Point Chestnut Floor's best features. Next, let's move on to the product's shortcomings. These will help you evaluate whether this flooring fits what you want to achieve with your flooring plan.
- The pre-attached adhesives on the planks are easy magnets to dirt and dust. Therefore, install them with enough care. Although GripStrip is an easy method, you should still ensure to only pull them out from the case once you're sure where and how to place the planks.
- The color shades may vary, so you might not get what you expect. TrafficMaster reminds customers to use the "See This In My Room" feature on Home Depot to see how the flooring shade will look like in your space.
- Some users report that it gets scratches easily, so it's important to do a good job with maintenance.
- Users say that some planks lift up. This might have to do with installation, so be careful and precise when placing the planks. If you can, install them perfectly in one go, so the adhesives don't wear out fast. Using a hand roller can also help secure your installation.
The TrafficMaster High Point Chestnut GripStrip Vinyl Plank Flooring is a good addition to your home décor. It has inviting, warm, and rich wood tones that fit well with a neat modern interior. It's the ultimate luxurious-looking but affordable DIY solution for your quick flooring plans. We hope this review satisfies your preferences and adds valuable insight to your flooring knowledge!