It’s no surprise that you’ve chosen luxury vinyl tiles for your household flooring. LVT is highly durable, easy to maintain, and offers a wide selection of luxurious designs. Thus, it can withstand tough household conditions while giving you a similar appearance to natural flooring materials.
The only concern homeowners have about this type of flooring is the difficulty of cleaning and maintaining it. No one wants to damage their elegant-looking floors while cleaning them, and no one wants to end up with faded floors. Luckily, cleaning LVT floors isn’t as hard as you think it is as long as you know the top tricks on keeping them neat and fresh-looking. So you may want to ask, “What do you use to clean LVT flooring?”
We’ll give you four LVT cleaning product recommendations that will do the trick for you. So read on to keep your LVT flooring squeaky clean and damage-free!
4 Products You Shouldn’t Forget While Learning How to Clean LVT Flooring
You must be wondering, “What is LVT flooring compatible with?” when purchasing cleaning products. So here are four LVT cleaning products you wish you knew the moment you decided to install LVT flooring in your home.
Shark Vertex Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Shark’s ultra-lightweight vacuum offers an exceptional cleaning performance with its hypervelocity accelerated suction, making it one of the best vinyl floor cleaners.
- Its high-capacity removable battery can last up to 60 minutes of runtime.
- The DuoClean PowerFins technology provides deep-cleaning into different surfaces, including LVT floors, carpets, and more.
- Its self-cleaning brush roll offers robust pet hair pickup without the likelihood of hair wraps.
- The vacuum can capture and trap dust and allergens with its HEPA filtration and anti-allergen seal.
- It has an ergonomic design that offers a flexible vacuum wand, allowing you to clean under furniture and store it compactly. You can also transform it into a hand vacuum for a more comfortable and lightweight cleaning.
- The cordless vacuum also has a removable dust cup with a convenient ejector and led headlights to help you detect hidden debris around your household.
- The product package includes an anti-allergen dusting brush, a pet multi-tool, and a crevice tool.
- The vacuum can cause a bit of noise during use.
- The product package lacks holders for the vacuum attachments.
Shark Vertex may just be the most reliable vinyl floor cleaner because it offers exceptional cleaning performance with 60 minutes of runtime. It can be quite noisy for some users, but it's powerful enough to thoroughly clean different surfaces other than vinyl, such as carpets and hardwood floors.
Furthermore, the vacuum has an ergonomic design and attachments, including an anti-allergen dusting brush, a pet multi-tool, and a crevice tool. Even though you may need to allot a storage space for these attachments, they offer more convenient cleaning features compared to other vacuums.
Conliwell Professional Microfiber Mop
- The microfiber mop has durable aluminum construction for long-lasting use. Thus, it can withstand frequent use and friction.
- It has an 18-inch base that allows you to cover a wide cleaning area in a single scan. This promotes high cleaning efficiency with less effort.
- It has a lightweight, ergonomic design that supports posture and ease-of-use. So you don’t have to strain your back while cleaning floors because the mop has an adjustable handle length between 24 to 45 inches. It also has a rotatable mop head with a Velcro design for easier pad replacement.
- The product package comes with four washable microfiber pads so you can keep cleaning with the mop while washing the used microfiber pad.
- Its microfiber material is ideal for both dry use and liquid absorption.
- It’s not always easily accessible (i.e., it’s hard to find in stores).
If you’re looking for the best thing to clean LVT flooring with, try Conliwell’s microfiber mop. You can even use it to clean walls and ceilings. Its lightweight, ergonomic design makes it versatile and easy to use. For instance, you can simply adjust the mop handle to reach more areas, helping you avoid back strain. Additionally, you can easily remove and replace the microfiber pad because of its Velcro design.
Furthermore, the product package comes with four microfiber pads for both dry and wet use. That’s why the Conliwell Professional Microfiber Mop is the people’s choice for cleaning luxury vinyl tile flooring. It’s durable, versatile, and thoughtfully designed for customers. The only downside is that the product is not always easily accessible due to its high demand.
Rejuvenate Luxury Vinyl Floor Cleaner
- Rejuvenate’s luxury vinyl floor cleaner is a pH-neutral cleaner. This means that it leaves no dulling film or residue that can damage your LVT luxury flooring.
- The cleaner can thoroughly remove dirt, grime, and chemical residues that other floor cleaners leave behind.
- It quickly dries ten minutes after application on vinyl tile or vinyl plank floors, leaving your floor looking brand new.
- The cleaner has user-friendly packaging, so you can conveniently spray it on surfaces that need cleaning. It’s also compatible with Rejuvenate’s Click n’ Clean spray mop system, so you can attach it to Rejuvenate’s mop products.
- The sprayer packaging is not compatible with other mops.
The Rejuvenate floor cleaner is specially formulated for LVT vinyl floor tiles, so you can expect thorough cleaning without abrasive effects. It can remove dirt, grime, and chemical residues from other floor cleaners. The luxury vinyl flooring cleaner also has quick-dry technology, providing more convenient cleaning.
Additionally, it has user-friendly packaging that allows you to spray the product on dirty floor surfaces. You can even attach it to the brand’s mop products with their Click n’ Spray feature. This is a great advantage so that you can enjoy a clean vinyl floor effortlessly, but it’s not compatible with other mops.
CoverTec’s GlossClean Neutral Cleaner
- CoverTec’s floor cleaner has a neutral pH level that prevents your flooring from stripping or having a dull finish.
- The GlossClean technology extends the lifespan of high gloss floors, especially luxury vinyl tiles and planks.
- It is made of safe and biodegradable ingredients, so it’s completely environmentally friendly.
- You can use it with spray bottles, mops, and automatic scrubbers for a more convenient cleaning process.
- You don’t have to rinse it after application, and it leaves a refreshingly light lemon fragrance.
- It’s a quick cleaner for various applications, such as household, commercial, institutional, and industrial uses.
- The floor cleaner is more expensive than its counterparts.
CoverTec’s GlossClean floor cleaner may cost more than similar products, but it offers a safe cleaning solution for LVT vinyl flooring and other types of flooring. It has a neutral pH level, so you don’t have to worry about getting stripped floors or dull finishes after using the cleaner. The product even extends the glossy characteristic of your luxury vinyl flooring.
Furthermore, it’s toxin-free and biodegradable, and you don’t have to rinse it after application. So you can ensure your family and pets’ safety while using the floor cleaner. It even leaves a light lemon fragrance that makes your home feel refreshingly clean.
Cleaning luxury vinyl tiles can be quite tricky if you don’t have the right products. That’s because some products can actually damage your flooring irreparably. We hope that this article has been helpful at giving you the most robust yet LVT-friendly cleaning products in the market.
If you’re interested in other LVT flooring topics and would like to know more about them, feel free to visit our website. We offer a wide variety of articles, reviews, and buying guides to help you make smarter purchasing decisions about your flooring.