Designing the bedroom is arguably the most exciting part of building or renovating a home. It's your personal space where everything inside reflects your personality.
Minimalism is a look that many people want to achieve for their bedrooms. It lends a clean, warm, and welcoming feeling to your room. So if you want to build a minimalist bedroom, you must be keen on all the elements of the interior, including the flooring.
When it comes to achieving a minimalist flooring, wood looks best. Laminate wood, in particular, is affordable and high-quality, so in this article, we round up the best laminate wood flooring products.
Give these floors a close inspection, and see which will bring your dream bedroom to life.
Top 3 Picks: Best Laminate Flooring Planks for Your Bedroom
If you're on a budget for the materials but don't want to compromise the quality and aesthetics, our choices will surely surpass your standards.
Let's check out the features of each laminated plank and see which suits your needs the best.
ART3D White-Washed Vinyl Wood-Look Floor Plank
- If you're looking for white-washed wooden laminate floor planks, ART3D has got you covered. They offer different hues of white-washed planks for you to choose from: pristine white, nude, light gray, and carbon gray. These colorways will surely fit your minimalist theme.
- The ART3D floor planks are DIY-friendly flooring materials. You won't need professionals and special tools to install them. Instead, just peel the sticker off a plank and press it down onto your subfloor to install it.
- The floor planks have a rigid hardcore, which is excellent for withstanding high foot traffic and heavy furniture. They are also highly resistant to abrasion and scratches and have an additional fireproof feature to prevent fire hazards.
- One pack of the ART3D contains 36 rectangular tiles, covering 54 square feet. So if you have an average-sized bedroom, one pack of these flooring can cover your space.
- A few customers have complained that some planks are chipped and damaged. But it's unclear whether the manufacturer sent a defective batch or the damage was sustained during shipping.
FloorPops Knotting Hill Peel and Stick Tiles
- If you like wood flooring with a solid pattern better, FloorPops tiles offer you a wide variety of choices. FloorPops offers designs with more traditional wood looks, their hues ranging from brown to dark brown.
- The FloorPops Knotting Hill tiles have a semi-gloss finish for a shiny-looking floor. They also have unique grain patterns that mimic genuine wood; they look like the real material.
- They have a peel-and-stick feature, so they’re easy to install. Although the material comes in tiles, you won't need a tile sealer or grout for this flooring. Moreover, the adhesive backside of the flooring material is strong and compatible with most surfaces.
- The pre-installation preparations for this laminate flooring material are quite tedious and demanding. The material is thin, so make sure your subfloor is free of any dirt or debris that may cause uneven bumps and make the flooring uncomfortable to the underfoot. Laminate floor installation kits can help you apply the flooring evenly, but you need to buy them separately.
Achim Home Tivoli Vinyl Floor Planks
- If you're looking for a flooring material with impressive durability, the Achim Home Tivoli vinyl floor planks are one of the best options. The planks have an extra-thick 2-millimeter gauge that makes the material extremely durable.
- If you’re inclined to make your minimalist bedroom darker, Achim Home offers planks with deep, dark colors to match your style. You can choose from mahogany, redwood, walnut, and oak for your plank design.
- The laminate planks not only look but also feel like real hardwood: the manufacturers have added grains and texture to the material to elevate your experience. Moreover, you can buy the floor planks with a laminate floor installation kit to help you trim the planks according to your room’s size.
- We recommend this flooring for long-term use, but be careful in installing the laminated planks. Once you lay them flat, it will be difficult to remove them again to change or adjust their positions. Also, the residue from the planks can be quite hard to remove and may require special cleaning tools.
- One package of the Achim Home floor planks only contains ten planks, which can approximately cover 15 square feet. Thus, if you have a bigger space, you may require two or three packages, which will cost more than other brands with wider coverage.
Laminate flooring is a versatile flooring material. It offers endless designs and is cheaper than genuine wood. It's also DIY friendly: most of the installation process does not require special tools that will cost you extra.
But which is the best laminate wood flooring option among the three choices we reviewed?
Between the two dark wood options, the Achim Tivoli floor planks are better. Their durability and similarity to real wood will fool anyone who looks and steps on them. They may be a bit more expensive compared to the other two, but they are worth the investment. On the other hand, ART3D has the best variations for you if you favor white and light minimalist themes.
We hope this article on laminate flooring planks will help you build your dream bedroom. If you need more flooring product reviews or perhaps tips on floor laminate repairs, subscribe to our blog!