You have to consider a couple of things when choosing wood flooring for a bathroom. One of the most important tips is to avoid using solid hardwood boards in a bathroom.
Many people love the look of hardwood floors but are worried about installing them in spaces that get wet because of the moisture and humidity. But with the proper materials and care, wood floors can work perfectly in a bathroom.
Moreover, it’s highly recommended to choose engineered wood or laminate wood flooring. These materials are more moisture-resistant and won’t warp as easily as solid hardwood.
Now, let’s check out the essential maintenance products to keep your wood bathroom flooring in tip-top shape.
4 Must-Have Products to Maintain Waterproof Wood Flooring for Bathrooms
Taking proper care of wood flooring is very important, especially the ones in bathrooms. You don’t want to have to deal with damaged bathroom flooring that can be unsightly and dangerous. So here are a few products you can use to take care of your wood bathroom floors.
Temples Pride Microfiber Mop Kit
- The microfiber mop has a durable construction, so you can use it frequently without worrying about it breaking or wearing out.
- It has a sturdy but adjustable telescoping handle with a 360-degree swivel mop head. Thus, you can extend the handle from 29 inches up to 64 inches tall. That way, you won’t have any problem reaching hard-to-clean spots in your bathroom.
- It covers a wide area in one sweep with its large 18-inch base, so you can clean the whole bathroom floor in a short period of time.
- Temples Pride’s microfiber mop kit comes with two drag and friction-resistant pads. They are both heavy-duty and washable, so they’re less likely to shrink and get damaged.
- The kit comes with one electrostatic pad for dry use, specifically for capturing dust and pet hair.
- You can easily attach and change the pads with the mop head’s Velcro pad attachment system.
- The mop is suitable for hardwood, vinyl, laminate, and tile flooring.
- Keeping the mop’s wet pad in place can be a bit troublesome.
- The mop’s 360-degree swivel head is prone to flipping over, so you will have to flip it while mopping.
Temples Pride’s Microfiber Mop Kit might just be the best mop kit you can use to clean flooring for bathrooms, especially laminated wood and waterproof ones. It’s highly durable and has an adjustable telescoping handle to help you reach hard-to-clean spots in your bathroom. It also comes with friction-resistant pads for wet use and an electrostatic pad for dry use.
It may be a bit troublesome to keep the mop’s wet pads in place because its 360-degree swivel head is prone to flipping over. Nonetheless, it’s not much of a hassle compared to the great benefits and flooring-friendly features of the mop kit.
Bona Hard-Surface Floor Cleaner
- The Bona Hard-Surface Floor Cleaner is specially formulated for different flooring types, including laminate wood, vinyl, linoleum, stone, LVT, and more.
- The water-based floor cleaner is a safe and residue-free way to keep your floors clean. You also don’t have to worry about slippery spots on your floor because it dries quickly.
- It is Safer Choice certified and meets the US EPA product standards for its people, pet, and environmentally friendly formulation.
- The pH-neutral floor cleaner is unscented and streak-free. You also don’t have to rinse it after applying it to your flooring.
- Bona’s Hard-Surface Floor Cleaner is a bit more expensive than other types of floor cleaners.
Bona’s Hard-Surface Floor Cleaner may be a bit more expensive than other floor cleaners, but it’s definitely worth every penny. It’s specially formulated for various flooring types, and it’s Safer Choice certified, making it safe for people, pets, and the environment.
In addition, it’s an unscented, pH-neutral floor cleaner, so you don’t have to worry about strong chemical odors. It also offers a streak-free finish even though you don’t have to rinse it after use.
12”×12” Buff Pro Multi-Surface Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- The Buff Pro Multi-Surface Microfiber Cleaning Cloth has an Intra-Weave 2.0 microfiber technology, ensuring a high quality material.
- The super-soft, non-abrasive microfiber cloths are highly absorbent. They are perfect for deep, thorough cleaning. Plus, they won’t damage delicate surfaces, such as waterproof bathroom flooring.
- It’s a fast-drying cleaning cloth that easily removes spills and dirt from your bathroom, leaving it spotless.
- The lint-free cloth works great for cleaning all types of delicate flooring, keeping it sparkling, streak-free, scratch-free, and without residue. It can clean surfaces effectively even without adding liquid cleaners.
- It’s thick enough to last hundreds of washings, so it has high reusability. You can also save a lot of money with it instead of purchasing a regular cleaning cloth every time it gets damaged.
- The microfiber cloth comes in various color options, so you can choose a color that you like.
- The cloth may bleed on the first few washes depending on the color. Thus, it’s best if you wash it separately.
The Buff Pro Multi-Surface Microfiber Cleaning Cloth comes in many different colors, but it may bleed on the first few washes depending on the color. Nonetheless, it serves its purpose well as a microfiber cleaning cloth. It’s made of a premium quality material that’s super soft, non-abrasive, and highly absorbent. It’s also thick enough to withstand various washings.
Furthermore, it easily removes spills and dirt from all types of delicate flooring.
Bona Hard-Surface Floor Polish
- Bona’s floor polish has a protective formula that fills in micro-scratches and scuffs, renewing hard-surface flooring. This formula also shields the floors against traffic and future wear.
- It’s a fast-drying polish that’s easy to apply, leaves a long-lasting glossy look, and evens out the appearance of your flooring.
- The hard-surface floor polish has additives that will help keep your home free of dirt, germs, and other unwanted particles.
- The Bona Hard-Surface Floor Polish is Greenguard Certified, meeting strict standards of low VOC emission levels to maintain good indoor air quality.
- Dull spots may appear on your flooring if the product is not applied properly.
Bona’s Hard-Surface Floor Polish is a great way to renew hard-surface flooring. It effectively fills in even the smallest scratches and scuffs. The floor polish protects your floor from wear caused by traffic, too. Additionally, it is formulated with additives that will keep your bathroom floor free from unwanted particles.
Just make sure to apply the product properly because it may cause dull spots on your flooring if not applied properly. Nonetheless, the Bona Hard-Surface Floor Polish meets the strict standards of low volatile organic compound emission levels which helps maintain good indoor air quality.
It can be tricky to maintain waterproof laminate wood flooring for bathrooms, especially when you don’t have the right products to do the job. This is because using certain products can permanently damage your bathroom floor. Thus, we hope this review article gave you helpful insight into what products to use to take care of your bathroom floors properly.
If you’re interested in other flooring topics and would like to learn more about them, feel free to explore our website. Floorhero.com offers a wide variety of product reviews and buying guides to help you find the products that you need. Furthermore, our team is always ready to help you find the best flooring products that best suit your needs.